What makes the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Uniquely Divine?
Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
(The Divine Guru)
1) The Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, is Scripture that was written by the Guru (an Enlightened Being) during his life time.
2) Not only was the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji written by the current Sikh Guru of the time starting in the 1400 century. These teachings were endorsed by ALL 10 Sikh Gurus and expanded upon.
3) The 10th Sikh Guru (Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji) in 1699 declared the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to be the next Guru, written form. He said the world is in a time where there will be many fakes pretending to be a Guru to lead people a stray, and therefore declared the end of live Gurus. He declared the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as the Word of God, and to be the Guru in Word (Shabad) form. He also said the Light of the previous Guru’s (Joth) … everything that would needed to merge with God, is present in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. And then Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself bowed down to the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji to show the congregation that the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is infact the next Guru.
4) The Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, is only 300 years old, and therefore, intact and exactly as the Guru’s recorded it for mankind. There is no question of it’s authenticity.
5) The Sri Guru Granth Sahib, is non-denominational. Actually it is a unifying scripture that belongs to all of humanity. The Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, includes also includes a few writings of holy men who rose to a level above religion & merged into God, from both Hindu &
Muslim lineages. Also, the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, incorporates the various local languages of it’s time from various faiths & races. Truly written teachings for all walks of life.
6) The Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji has also been far ahead of mankind’s science. Leading the ways to many. For Examples:
- Other Worlds … “So many worlds beyond this world-so very many!” (Page 3 – Line 14) in declaring other lifeforms, which scientist now do believe they exist on as of the 21st century.
- The Big Bang Theory …
- Evolution … “Through 8.4 million incarnations you have wandered, to obtain this rare and precious human life.” (Page 50 Line 14)
7) The Sri Guru Granth Sahib was so far ahead of it’s time in the 17th Century in promoting Humanitarian Values as well. Leaders are still struggling to teach this principals to the
masses even today:
- A Castless System
- Equal Rights for all Men & Women
- Religious Freedom for all
- Feed the Hungry Community Kitchens – everyone eats together regardless of cast, creed, faith or social status.
- 10% Donation of ones income back to the community
- Selfless Service (Sewa)
- Promoted the abolishment of Wife Burning (a practice if her husband dies prematurely)
- Promoted the abolishment of Dowry in exchange for a hand in marriage
- Promoted the abolishment of Killing first born female children
- Truly the 1st Democratic Society